VickneshManiam.Blogspot

" What we are today is result of our own past actions ;



Whatever we wish to be in future depends on our present actions;



Decide how you have to act now.



We are responsible for what we are , whatever we wish ourselves to be .



We have the power to make ourselves.


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Different Perspective ?

Respecting Your Employees’ Time

Ever wish that the people who report to you would make better, more productive use of their time at work? Of course! Ever consider that YOU may be an obstacle to that happening?

Probably not … but you should! Here’s an employee perspective – a letter to you – to think about and remember:

So much work, so little time! If you’ve ever felt there’s just not enough time in the day to get your work done, you’re not alone. I may not work long hours as frequently as you, and yes, I do sometimes take off as soon as my shift ends. But that doesn’t make my time any less valuable than yours. I’ve got a job to do, and you expect me to do it well. Part of my job involves doing things you need done. Many times you expect me to drop whatever I’m doing in order to meet your needs. That’s okay if the tasks to be done are truly important. But I get frustrated when you take a “top priority” approach with every assignment. Sometimes I’m still in the middle of one “do it now” when you give me another one. And somewhere in all that, I’m expected to do my regular work, too.

Ask me what I’m working on before you give me an assignment, and I’ll be much more likely to believe that my work truly is important.

Ask if I have a few minutes to discuss your needs instead of walking up and telling me what to do, and I’ll be much more inclined to believe that time is a precious resource that must be respected and used wisely.

Act like my time isn’t important, and I’ll resent it. Even worse, I just might follow your lead.Ever feel your management time isn’t always respected?

Try walking awhile in my employee shoes!

No comments:

WEB SEARCH

Google