VickneshManiam.Blogspot

" What we are today is result of our own past actions ;



Whatever we wish to be in future depends on our present actions;



Decide how you have to act now.



We are responsible for what we are , whatever we wish ourselves to be .



We have the power to make ourselves.


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Five " Cs" of success

Recently Richard Deitsch interviewed Indra Nooyi, the new CEO of PepsiCo, I found the discussion rather interesting and thought I would share some of her philosophy with you.

Excerpt reprinted with permission of The Costco Connection, copyright 2008.
The cornerstones of Nooyi`s management are what she describes as the five “C’s” for success, competence, courage (and confidence), communication, compass and coaching.

The first four “C’s” I never change she says. The first one is competence. I think you can’t move up in any job or in life unless you are darn good at something. You have to have a hip-pocket skill. If you forget that skill, your, your utility goes down in your company because people don’t know what to come to you for because you are not current in anything.

The second “C’s” are courage and confidence. You can be very good at something, but if you are not willing to break some china in speaking up when you think something is not being done right, what is the value of having all that competency.

The third “C” is communication. You might be willing to have the courage and have the confidence, but if you can’t communicate what you are going to do in a compelling way, that is a wasted thing.

The forth “C” is compass. You can have everything, but if you don’t have the moral integrity it is all for naught.

The fifth “C” I have varied over time. The one that I use most often is the notion of coaching because mentors have always played a role in my life. Mentors find you. You don’t find them. A mentor has picked you because you have the competence, the courage and confidence, you are a great communicator and you have the moral compass. They say “ I want to hitch my horse to yours because I think you are going places and you will take me with you. Not because I need it but because I I enjoy the ride.

No comments:

WEB SEARCH

Google